In the last blog I gave you a three step format for a great social pitch that works because it is under stated and builds genuine interest quickly. The steps were:
1. Name – simply say your first name.
My name is Bryan.
2. Same – say your Yellow Pages or Google search category
I am a plumber.
3. Fame – Say what is different about you. The recommendation was to use a phrase like:
I specialise in converting hard water into soft water without chemicals.
There are in fact three variations:
1. I specialise in … In this case say what you specialise in. You expertise.
I specialise in treating hand and facial psoriasis in busy executives over 40.
2. I am known for … In this case, you’d want to be known for something good!
I am known for a solo fund raising expedition to the North Pole to raise money for child leukaemia.
3. My clients get … In this case you’d talk about results your clients typically get.
My clients typically get a 30% uplift in their bottomline.
Try out the one that feels right for you.